New dates of the Concorto 2015 Fall tour: four special screenings between Piacenza and Parma. We will go back to our beloved location in the liberty-style Palazzo Ex Enel and we will offer you 3 special screenings during the Altra Scena OFF arts festival. On the 10th of October we will celebrate the Contemporary Art Day with a projection in Parma featuring a selection of our best shorts.
L’Altra Scena OFF – Contemporary Theatre festival organized by Teatro Gioco Vita
Palazzo Ex Enel, via Santa Franca 36, Piacenza
8-28 October 2015
FEAR AND LOATHING – 8 October 10pm
Weird characters, crazy ideas, allucinating visions. The most delirious shorts of the last few years.
– Händelse Vid Bank (Incident by a Bank), Ruben Östlund, Sweden, 2009, 12′
– Quintal, André Novais Oliveira, Brazil, 2015, 20′
– Putain Lapin, Guérin Van de Vorst, Belgiium, 2010, 10′
– Bowling Killers, Sébastien Petit, Belgium, 2013, 10′
– Koit dessur la neige (Koitus on the Top of the Snow), David Lebrun, Canada, 2014 18′
A WOMAN IN FOCUS: CAROLINA PETRO – 15 October 10pm
Originally from Colombia but Londond-based Carolina Petro faces reality with a rigorous style and deep humanity; Concorto screens her whole filmography, including the Golden Donkey 2013, Rosemary Jane.
– A Perfect Day for Cake, Carolina Petro, UK, 2012, 14′
– Just Like Kat’s Guitar, Carolina Petro, UK, 2010, 5′
– Rosemary Jane, Carolina Petro, UK, 2013, 17′
– The Next Room, Carolina Petro, UK, 2012, 4′
– A World for Her, Carolina Petro, UK, 2015, 18′
BEYOND SHORTS – 22 October 10pm
Hybridization of languages, uncommon perspectives, a taste for sperimentation.
Dødstrilogien (The Death Trilogy), Søren Grau, Denmark, 2014, 17′
DogMe, Faezeh Nikoozad, Germany, 2014, 6′
Feux (Fire), Mali Arun, France, 2015, 14′
Le rêve de Bailu (Bailu Dream), Nicolas Boone, France, 2013, 12′
Se essa lua fosse minha (Moon Street), Pedro Gossler, Larissa Lewandoski, Brazil, 2014, 15′
I’LL BE YOUR MIRROR
SORTILEGIO per AMACI
(Associazione Musei d’Arte Contemporanea Italiani)
10-31 October 2015
10 October 2015
9.30pm – 00.00 pm
I’LL BE YOUR MIRROR – CONCORTO //SBR
feat. Spazio Borgo Riccio and Concorto Film Festival
Ex Galleria Sanseverina | Vicolo del Vescovado, 5/A
A night at the cinema to talk about identity and its many forms in an unusual and cozy location: the ex Sanseverina Gallery. We will be accompanied by 7 world-awarded shorts coming from the renowned Concorto archives.
Refreshments by Cantina Vicobarone.
Skhizein, Jeremy Clapin, France, 2008, 14′
I’m not here now, Tokomburu, Greece, 2013, 10′
The Giant, David Raboy, USA, 2012, 20′
On all fours, Temra Pavlovic, The Netherlands, 2013, 7′
Verao Polones (Polish summer), André Mielnik, Brazil, 2014, 19′
Bär (Bear), Pascal Florks, Germany, 2014, 8′
La Fleche Delta, Francesco Vecchi, Italy, 2014, 9′