Concorto Film Festival is addressed to cinephiles, both general audience and professionals. The purpose is to promote short films and to generate contacts among audience, young directors and professionals.
2) Organization, Place, Date
Concorto Film Festival is organized by the non-profit association Concorto and will take place in Pontenure (PC) at Parco Raggio and in several venues in Piacenza from August 17 to 24, 2019.
3) Entry Requirements
Entry to the festival is free and open to all sort of short films, with no limitations regarding the theme and genre. The films should have been produced in 2018 or 2019. The maximum running time allowed is 20 minutes. In exceptional cases the festival organization reserves the right to accept films of longer duration. Acceptable screening format: digital file (Apple ProRes or H264) or DVD (region 0/2, pal).
There is a single competition open for submission. The short films compete for the following awards:
– Gran Premio “Asino d’Oro”: (2.000 € and trophy)
– Special Jury Prize (500 € and plaque)
– “The Wave”, assigned by a jury of young cinephiles (500 € and plaque)
– Audience Award (500 € and plaque)
The jury can also award special mentions, with no cash prize attached.
The prizes will be awarded the last day of the festival. Prize money will be paid to the winners by bank transfer.
Deadline is April 15, 2019 for the films completed in 2018, and May 31, 2019 for the films completed in 2019. The submissions are only open through Shortfilmdepot (option A). The option B is reserved to film schools, production/distribution companies, or film promotion institutions that would like to submit more than one film, by different directors. The organization reserves the right to not consider submissions that do not fill these criteria.
1. Fill in the entry form on www.shortfilmdepot.com
2. Upload the film file with English subtitles. English language film productions are kindly requested to upload the film with English, French or Italian subtitles, if available.
3. Submit the film for the pre-selection of Concorto Film Festival by April 15, 2019 for the films completed in 2018, and May 31, 2019 for the films completed in 2019.
B) Online screener or DVD (reserved to film schools, production/distribution companies, or film promotion institutions that would like to submit more than one film, by different directors).
1. Contact us by email by April 15, 2019 for the films completed in 2018, and May 31, 2019 for the films completed in 2019, at email@example.com, sending us the list of concerned films, with indication of director, duration and genre.
2. Send by e-mail the online screeners with their passwords, or send the DVDs by post to the address: Concorto Film Festival, Via Papa Giovanni 49-55, 29010 Pontenure (PC), Italy
Our staff will be responsible for the pre-selection and the final selection. The list of the selected films will be published on the website www.concortofilmfestival.com by August 1, 2019. The films selected will be screened during the Festival. The screening schedule will be published on the website by August 10, 2019. The authors of the selected short films will be informed by e-mail. The authors/productions of the selected films will have to send in due time a file/copy for the screening, as well as a dialogue list with timecode. Failure to send this material may cause the exclusion of the film from the selection, at unquestionable discretion of the festival organization, even after the selected film list has been published on the website. Concerning the hospitality of film directors, details shall be provided at the time when the result of selection is announced. The works sent to be selected will not be returned to the authors and will become part of the Concorto Film Festival archive patrimony. They will be made available for screenings, event and broadcast promoted by Association Concorto only for cultural, educational and no commercial purposes. The festival organization will inform the authors about any further screening of their works.
The Festival Jury, composed by representatives of the artistic, audiovisual and academic world, is responsible for awarding the prizes. The Jury decision is considered to be final and unquestionable. The organizers will make the final decision in controversial cases.
8) Non-specified cases
The participation in the festival implies that all conditions and terms described in the rules and regulations herein have been accepted. These regulations are available in Italian and English. In case of interpretation problems, the Italian version must be considered. According to the Italian Law 196/03 all data will be handled by the organizers for the sole purpose of organizing the Concorto Film Festival.
9) Contact and information
Concorto Film Festival
tel +39 366 4792961