Parco Raggio and Greenhouse

Go to map

Discover our main location

The impressive Concorto main venue was built thanks to Armando Raggio, from Genova, that established Pontenure as summer residence for his family at the end of the XIX century. The project by architect Luigi Rovelli included a big villa, a park (about 5 hectares, with 750 trees, a little bamboo forest, an ice-house), and a victorian-style greenhouse.
The greenhouse complex is formed by a side building used as house or deposit, and a main part with a small theatre surronded by two greenhouse wings.
The greenhouses are rectangular and were used for a orchid collection (left) and exotic flowers (right). Other smaller greenhouses surround the two main ones.
The small theatre has a iron and glass roof with neo-gothic decorations. In the inside, albeit small, it has a stage, a proscenium and a parterre. The theatre was used for family celebrations and performances on specific anniversaries.

XNL Piacenza Contemporanea

Via Santa Franca, 36,
29121 Piacenza PC

XNL is the contraction of consonants for “Ex-Enel”, under whose direction the historic building resided in the years after the disposal from the electricity national corporation and the acquisition by the Fondazione di Piacenza e Vigevano in the early 2000s.

Built in 1907 to host a cartoning plant and a lithography site, it was partially restored in 1919, when the whole compound passed in the hands of the Italian Federation of the agricultural associations, right when it was established in Piacenza. In this occasion the building found the appearance that we see today and that is owed to the project of the engineer and architect Guido Tirelli from Reggio Emilia – author in Emilia of very recognizable Neo Renaissance buildings – and the participation of other well known painters of the time, such as Luciano Ricchetti from Piacenza. His allegories can be admired, after the restoration, on the staircase of the building.

XNL is located in the historic centre of Piacenza, in the proximity of the Teatro Municipale, the Teatro dei Filodrammatici, the Conservatorio G. Nicolini and the Galleria Ricci Oddi. A strategic location which underlines the vocation to integrate the cultural offer of Piacenza with the contemporary element, acting as a connection between the various experiences and the languages with which the arts read the present and hypothesize the future: a study centre where art exhibitions, multilingual events, documental exhibitions and seminars can find a time and a place, a permanent workshop of analysis and discussion on today’s languages, where the art phenomenon can be read as a linguistic, socio-political, economic, aesthetic mechanism with precise and documentable consequences on the understanding of society.

The restoration project has been taken care of by the Politecnico di Milano – Polo territoriale di Mantova in close collaboration with the Soprintendenza ai Beni artistici e architettonici di Parma e Piacenza. It is inspired by a multidisciplinary and multilingual vision of space.

Go to map

Ricci Oddi Modern Art Gallery

Via S. Siro, 13,
29121 Piacenza PC

This year Concorto will be the guest of the Associazione Amici dell’Arte di Piacenza, a historic cultural organization founded in 1920, which is based at the Ricci Oddi Modern Art Gallery, where the Festival offices are to be found in this 20th edition.


The Ricci Oddi Modern Art Gallery in Piacenza is entirely dedicated to Modern Art paintings.
In 1913 Giuseppe Ricci Oddi, a keen art collector from Piacenza, started looking for a building for his modern art collection. After many unsuccessful negotiations, he decided to have his own gallery built from scratch. For this purpose, Piacenza Town Council granted him the piece of land where the former S.Siro convent used to stand. Starting from 1924-1925, famous architect Giulio Ulisse Arata accepted to take on the building project.
The Ricci Oddi building is a peculiar and unique example of museum architecture in which a complex structure marries geometrical essentiality and brilliant functional choices such as the natural zenithal lighting, an idea that the founder strongly advocated, as he imagined his gallery to have elements in common with renaissance buildings. The gallery opening ceremony, on October 11, 1931, was attended by King Umberto II and Queen Maria Jose. Today, the gallery hosts over 400 works of art.

Go to map